New Member – Early-career Researcher
Students and up to three-years post degree/PhD.
£10 annual subscription for early-career researchers
Early-career Researchers (students and post-docs/degree up to three years post degree or PhD) qualify for a reduced rate subscription to IBIS and other benefits.
You will be asked for proof of student status and/or date of your degree or PhD (post-degree and post-doc applicants will be requested to provide an abstract for BRANTA – see here). The BOU Office will email you on receipt of your application
What do you get for your tenner?
- Access to IBIS online*
- IBIS online includes all issues back to 1859!
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to BOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to EOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to BOU Career Development Bursaries
- Access (with other BOU members) to BOU Small Ornithological Grant scheme
- Exclusive access to the BOU student community via our student reps
- Exclusive access to the BOU ECR Facebook community page
- Discount on selected BOU books
- Discount on selected Wiley books
Only ECR members will receive the above benefits, so if you want to attend a BOU conference at a discounted rate or apply for a Career Development Bursary, you must join here first (and be a member at the time of any applications – see other conditions marked † below about qualifying for conference places).
When you select ‘Join now’ the transaction will continue on the BOU’s secure pages hosted by Mal’s E-commerce Limited at ww8.aitsafe.com.
- *no print subscription to IBIS is available for reduced-rate subscribers. This offer applies to electronic online access to IBIS only
- † Conference places are for existing members only, you cannot join at the time of applying for a reduced price ECR conference place. For BOU 2016 conferences you must have been a member before 1 November 2015 and for 2017 BOU and EOU conferences you will have had to have been a member before 1 November 2016, and so on. Conference places are limited and any places remaining after the BOU ECR deadline will be offered to non-BOU ECRs but at a higher rate (ensuring existing BOU ECRs receive the best rates